Last Modified: March 01, 2019
Understand how and why Lypper collects and uses information provided by users of our websites.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE RECEIVE?
We may collect, store and use the information you voluntarily provide to us through our Sites. For instance, we may collect your contact information if you provide it to us through the “contact us” form, or through other forms available on our Sites. These registration forms may ask for such information as your name, the company you work for, business title, postal address, email address, telephone number and other information. You must be 18 years of age or older to submit this registration information to our Sites.
In addition, if you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and the resulting correspondence with you.
You may also disclose certain information about yourself on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information and may be available to visitors to our Sites and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your personal information, or any other information, on our Sites.
Further, our servers may automatically collect certain information from your browser when you visit our Sites. This information may include the type of web browser you are using and its version, your IP address and the pages you visited on our Sites. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, and to improve marketing, analytics or site functionality.
HOW DO WE COLLECT DATA?
Outside of your providing and our receiving your contact information as outlined above, we, or our service providers, may also collect information about your browser or device through various technologies, some of which are outlined below.
Types of Cookies used by Lypper on our Sites
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our Sites to remember choices you make (such as remembering your username and password, language preference or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personalized features. These cookies may also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other personalizations. They may also be used to provide services you have requested, such as keeping you logged in to your account as you browse the internet. These cookies do not collect information about your browsing activity on other websites. By using our Sites, or by signing up for an account with us, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your browser.
- Interest-Based Advertising cookies: For information on cookies that are used for interest-based advertising, please see below under Interest-Based Advertising.
Other tracking technologies
We, and our service providers, may use other technologies, such as beacons, tags and scripts, on our Sites for analytics and administrative purposes. These technologies may be used in analyzing trends, administering the Site, recording users’ movements around the Site and gathering demographic information about our visitor base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an aggregated basis.
We may partner with third parties who provide certain features on our Sites, or to display advertising, based upon your web browsing activity using local storage objects (LSOs) such as Flash to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing Flash LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs, please click here.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We may use the information you provided to us in the forms on our Sites or through email correspondence with us to market to you per the preferences you specified when you registered on our Sites. Our marketing efforts include business-to-business direct marketing and promotional information related to our marketing services.
We may also use the information we collect to fulfill requests you have made to us, such as to communicate with you, respond to your inquiries and provide newsletters or updates. We may also use your information to make our Sites easier for you to use. We may use the information to inform you of service and product updates, white papers, new products, market research opportunities and other related information from us.
We may use the information we automatically collect from your browser to analyze trends, administer our Sites, note users’ activities on our Sites, help us understand the parts of our Sites visited most often and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in improving our Sites.
Interest-Based Advertising or Cross-App Advertising
As you browse the internet or go across mobile apps, you may see advertisements on the web pages or the apps you visit. Some of these ads may be more relevant to you based on a variety of factors, such as the previous websites or apps you have visited, your perceived interests and your demographic information. This practice is called Interest-Based Advertising or Cross-App Advertising. To learn more about this practice, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s website.
We may work with our advertising partners to enable the delivery of relevant messages to the right consumers while protecting consumer privacy and offering choices about participating in such activities. Our third-party partners may use technologies, such as cookies, to gather information about your activities on this Site and other sites in order to provide you with relevant advertising. Relevant advertising does not result in more ads, but rather the relevancy of the ads you see.
To learn about how to opt out of receiving relevant advertisements on the web or mobile apps, visit the Relevant Advertising Opt-Out section below.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH?
- Product Offers: Our partner companies may use your contact information and survey responses to provide our members with free product samples, valuable trial coupons, product information, research opportunities, discounts and other offers via email, postal mail, online advertising and, on occasion, by telephone.
- Email Offers: By providing your email, you may receive product offers based on your survey responses via email. These emails are sent by Lypper, not our partner companies, and are clearly marked with our logo.
- Partner Companies: By supplying your contact information and survey responses, you agree that we may share your information with our partner companies so they may provide you samples, information and offers that may be most relevant to you. We have contractual agreements with our partner companies to ensure that the information they receive from us is handled securely. However, our email messages may contain links to other sites not affiliated with Lypper and may have privacy practices that differ from those of Lypper. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party site you may link to from our email messages.
- Third Party Service Providers: We may transfer your personal information to our third-party service providers to assist us with: providing you with our or our partner companies product offers; deploying email, postal, and online campaigns; data processing, data warehousing, data verification and supplementation; market research, fulfillment, and technical support. By providing your information, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
We maintain contact lists to communicate with our clients and prospects. Individuals must affirmatively ask to join one or more of our email lists by registering on our Sites. All email messages sent to these lists include an opportunity to unsubscribe or opt out of future email messages. You may also request to be removed from future email messages by contacting us via email at email@example.com:
We also maintain a postal mailing list to communicate with our clients and prospects. You can request to be removed from our mailing list by sending your name and postal address to us via email or postal mail to one of the addresses listed below under Contact us.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that, at this time, Lypper does not honor browsers’ Do Not Track (DNT) signals, due to the lack of clarity around the standards for the DNT signal.
Lypper retains your information for as long as you have an open and active account profile with us or as needed to provide you the services you requested. We will retain and use your information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
We will retain the minimum amount of your information necessary to maintain a record of your opt-out if you choose to opt out of our communications.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES
CONTENT SHARING FEATURES
We may also allow you to email useful information from our Sites to a friend or colleague. If you choose to do so, we may ask you to provide your full name and email address, as well as your friend’s complete email address. We will send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site, except where prohibited by law. Your friend or colleague may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out.
PARTICIPATION IN ONLINE FORUMS
Our sites may provide opportunities to participate in various online forums (for example, the Lypper blog Make More Keep More). If you contribute any content to an online forum, you retain your rights to any content you post. However, by posting content on or through an online forum, you grant us a worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute your content in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed) for any and all purposes.
Any content you post to an online forum may be publicly viewed and used by anyone on the internet. You are responsible for any content you post, and for any consequences thereof, including the use of your content by other users. To protect your privacy, we remind you and ask you to not submit personal information in a public forum.
By posting, you agree not to post any content that (i) is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; (ii) you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; (iii) infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; or (iv) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
We may prescreen, refuse or remove any content that you post. We may also modify or adapt your content in order to transmit, display or distribute it.
We do not control the content posted by public users to our Sites and, as such, do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such content. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any user-contributed content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any user-contributed content.
To request removal of your personal information from our online forums, or to notify us of a posting that violates our rules for posting in Lypper’s online forums described above, please contact us at email@example.com. If we are unable to remove your personal information, we will let you know that we are unable to do so and why.
We ask that you not send or disclose any sensitive personal information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) to us through our Sites or otherwise.
We use physical, electronic and administrative safeguards designed to protect your personal information against loss, misuse or alteration. All information is stored securely and may only be accessed by employees with a legitimate business need to access the information. No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100 percent secure, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
You should bookmark and periodically review this page to ensure that you are familiar with the most current version of this policy. You can determine when this policy was last revised by checking the “Last Revised” legend at the top of this policy. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this site prior to the change becoming effective.